HEART OVER MIND
Choosing between your friends that fill your heart throughout your life is never easy. As I have read the text about Pola's being indecisive about friendship, whether to choose Oil (her first friend) and Water (her new friend), I put myself on the situation of her and started to think deeply what if I am the one torn of that situation, what will I do?
Well, If I am Pola, I won't let myself to let go of a friend because friends are hard to find and they were sent by God to help us grow, to comfort us when we feel sad, and to fill our hearts. Also, based from what I've experienced with my friend in Naic who's now not considering me as her friend just because she already met a new one, that made me so hurt and think why do people have this attitude to unfriend a friend to be friends with others. Back to the story, If I will do this to Oil, I will hurt her feelings that much and I won't let that happen to someone who is part of my life. I would also not choose Oil because I don't want to prevent myself from meeting new friends that will surely have the urge to give lessons in me. In short, I will keep them both because healing a broken heart is never easy especially if your what so called "friend" did it. In the story, Pola is a puppet machine. She's already a puppet that's why if I will be given a chance to talk to her, I will tell her to do not let others control her especially in making decisions because if I am her, I will shout out to the people who are controlling me that "You may see me as a puppet, cause I really am. But for me, I am not. So don't make me someone I'm not and please let me live with my heart and not by your demands or the demands of the society." Also, I want to tell Pola to never lose hope because like what the saying "opposite do attracts" trying to say, sometimes impossible will be possible, just have hope. That's why I have this hope that someday the three of us will hang out together, sharing laughs, comforting each other, just me (Pola), Oil and Water. Maybe not now, but in the future.
Again, do not be a puppet controlled by your thoughts (mind), live according to the says and the beat of your heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment