Sunday, May 5, 2019

To the Girl in the Mirror

To the girl in the mirror:
It’s a one fine day. You’ve made up your mind that all will be well today. You generously sent smiles and greetings to whoever you see. You showered your heart with so much positivity. Yes, you can fool everybody else by making them think that you are perfectly fine. But girl, not me. You had comforted so many people and always says encouraging words for them to feel motivated but still, I see your heart crying and shouting for help. Yes, I know it’s very tiring to be part of this. Some days, it feels like you are the source of joy. But most of the days, you makes joy impossible. I have seen how you struggled with yourself when you can’t even understand why you are crying. I saw how you chose to walk away and weep in your own space. I know that we haven’t spoken for quite some time now. I see you every day but I have forgotten to ask how are you today. I know that you’re now in the point of giving up because of the worthless feeling that kills you inside. But sweetheart, stay a little longer, will you? You can’t keep hiding behind those fake smiles. You no longer need to perform. You have to stop waiting for this world’s affirmation before you truly believe that you are precious. Please… Stay until you’ve seen the fullness of the beauty of the promise. Stay even if you don’t see the reason why. Stay even if there’s a handful of doubts and uncertainties. Stay because it’s worth it. Be brave. Don’t shut your doors so quickly. It hurts for a reason. It hurts because there is something to be exposed. Beloved, fight! You are not just an ordinary woman. You are strong-willed. You push yourself to the limits. You pursue your passions. You take on tough challenges and treat them as your life’s greatest adventure. You’re not the type who easily give up anyway. Since day one you have proven how strong of a fighter you truly are. You fight like a warrior. So please, wait and stay. Your breakthrough is almost there. Keep worshipping. Keep seeking. Keep praying. Stay guarded. Stay focused. God is still working. This is not the end of your story. It is going to be hurt but sweetheart, I promise you, it is not going to last. One day, you will wake up and the first thing that you would feel is not pain anymore. Fight passionately, not desperately. You now know not just how to protect your standards but also how to live it out. You’re going to make it. You’re a born fighter. Remember that the pain you are feeling now is nothing compared to what God is doing in your heart. One day, this brokenness will just be a part of history. You’ll look back and thank God for this so you can finally be there for your true breakthrough. It’s going to be hurt but it’s okay. Someday, a spark of joy will be in your heart again. You will turn out beautifully fine. Just let God be your God. Claim the ending because it’s going to be good. Beloved, you are almost there. Welcome to your new season. For now, I want you to take a deep breath. Slowly with your whole heart, whisper, “I am not defeated. Not today. Not ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

VICTORY!

VICTORY!!! Ang pagmamahal ay parang laro. Minsan panalo, minsan talo. Minsan,ilalaban mo. Minsan naman, pipiliin mo na lang sumuko. May SUR...